Wednesday, February 10, 2010

From Jason Wardle

My very first memory of Rob was playing in the sand in your backyard sand box. I was probably 3 or 4 at the time. It is one of the first memories I have in my entire life. Rob was determined to make the largest sand castle in the world. When it was all said and done I think it was about waist high. I was amazed. I remember bragging about him to my classmates the next year when I entered Kindergarten. We tried to replicate a sand castle of that same size in the Southland Elementary Kindergarten play area, but no one could create a sand castle larger than Rob. He was a legend.

More memories to come…

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely do not remember that sand castle, but I remember one day I counted 30 kids in that sandbox in our backyard. It was like the neighborhood park before we all got fences! It was great because it kept my kids home and I could watch all of you from my kitchen window! What fun times!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our kids had so many adventures in that back yard together. Remember the icy snow slides they would create and entertain the neighborhood with? The trampoline trick shows we had to watch. The carnivals with games and somehow you and I were always required to come up with treats like popcicles. The goats and rabbits we kept in the shed were fun to them. I was always grateful we pretty much knew where our kids were, because they always found something to do together. Robert was the source of imagination for most of their adventures!

    ReplyDelete